- New World Wine Challenge [NWWC] reserves the right to check bags at security checkpoints prior to entry if deemed appropriate.
- By entering any of our events you agree and consent to filming and photography by NWWC approved personnel. This content may later be used commercially for advertising, marketing or promotional purposes in Australia and internationally. If you do not wish to be filmed, email a clear photograph of yourself to email@example.com in advance of the event detailing your name and the event that you are attending.
- While alcohol is available for your enjoyment at the event, be aware of your limits and consume responsibly. Please don’t drink and drive. All our venues are within close proximity to public transport and are accessible to taxi services.
- Last pours will be at 15 minutes prior to the event concluding – without exception.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event? Yes please. As alcohol is at the event, you must be over 18 to attend. Please bring a valid form of identification with you on the day just to be sure (Passport or driving license).
- Are children permitted at the event? This is always a tough one. Whilst the answer is a non discriminatory ‘yes’, our events are often very busy, loud and a little hectic so not an ideal place for little people. We suggest getting a baby sitter and having the day off. We’ll bring the wine.
- Will tickets be available on the door? Only if there are any available. But more often than not, ‘no’ as the events sell out prior. We cap numbers to ensure everyone has a great time and it’s not too crazy as we want you coming back. We strongly suggest buying tickets prior to ensure you don’t miss out.
- Is there a refund policy? Refunds are available on all tickets up to 30 days prior to the event. After that date, no dice sorry. If after that time, it’s always good to check on the event pages as often people are looking to purchase ones if the event is sold out.
- I haven’t received my ticket? What do I do? An automated email is sent upon purchasing tickets. If you don’t receive it, it could be for a couple of reasons. Firstly, check the spam folder as sometimes they get stuck there. Other times, when in a rush to purchase (!), some accidentally enter their email address incorrectly. If that’s the case, drop us an email and we’ll search and resend. But all good, you’ll be in our system.
- Do I need to print the tickets? It’s always easier, yes. We’ll scan you in when you arrive.
- Tasting, not drinking! We like to think of these events as a tasting, not a drinking as we want you to experience as many different wine styles on offer. Creating a safe, welcoming and non-intimidating event environment is what we’re all about so any inappropriate behaviour of an intoxicated nature or not, that is dangerous to yourself and or others, is just not acceptable. We have a strict ‘no d*$%head’ policy so if we witness any of the above, we reserve the right to take appropriate action and have you removed from the venue.
- I’ve got a couple of other random questions, what should I do? Easy. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you.
Know your standard drinks:
NWWC takes the responsible service of alcohol very seriously. Accordingly, our events include the following safeguards to ensure that everyone has a memorable and happy experience whilst tasting the very best wines available anywhere in the world.
- NWWC uses pour restrictors at all events – this is the law!
- NWWC employs RSA trained and certified staff to pour wines at our events. These staff are often hired and have limited knowledge of the wines being poured – they are here to abide by Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines. Please be aware of this, and if you have specific wine related questions, please see a member of the NWWC staff – we’re happy to talk your ears off about our amazing array of wines!
- Our pour sizes will generally be between 20ml to 30ml per serve. This is to ensure that as many people as possible get to taste these amazing wines. It also ensures that you can keep a handle on your levels of consumption at our events.
- As a general, guide 3-5 (20ml – 30ml) tastings will take you to 1 Standard Drink at our events. Know your limits – don’t drink and drive!